Friday, February 26, 2010

bass

Angela bought me a bass for valentines day. The one in that picture is exactly what mine looks like. It's actually a pretty nice bass. The intonation was totally fubar though. I noticed it after a few days of playing and I fixed it yesterday. The bass sounds even better now that the notes are in tune everywhere on the fretboard. LOL

I'm really enjoying playing again. I play for at least an hour almost every day. Today I came up with this little thing that totally sounds like mid-90s emo rock to me. Still, its got a shake-your-booty rhythm thats fun to play. Now I just need a drummer . . .

There's been a lot of stuff going on in my eq2 guild. Too much to relate all of it here. The biggest change for me is that another member finally moved her inquisitor from the raid guild she was in to our guild. She plays her inquis as an actual healer (and WAAAY out gears me) so she's sort of taken over my spot in the guild groups. In the interim I've been dpsing on Dennika while I madly power level a swashy. At this point in the life of the new expansion, Dennika actually does about as much dps as an equivalently geared mage because the mages hit ratings are so damn low against deep orange and red mobs. It's damn cool to be parsing 2+K zonewide in the hole at lvl 82 on an Inquisitor :-)

My swashy is named Prentice. He's going to be a pirate. So his full name will be Pirate Prentice who just happens to be a character in Gravity's Rainbow. He's going to worship Bristlebane and I think I'm going to name his pet "Banana" if I can. Or maybe I will come up with something better once I get the pet quest done.

They added battlegrounds to EQ2 this week. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet because they were busted last night but I'm hoping to have a set of PvP gear made for Dennika this weekend so I can give them a whirl. I have my doubts about whether EQ2 PvP will be fun but I'm hoping against hope that they did a good job.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment