Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Zorro


Well here is my crappy Zorro inspired by ComicTwart. Practice Practice Practice. I might draw another one. I messed up in a few places, like the dots above his head that I completely forgot to erase and the line at the edge of the hallway shadow, which I inked in. Whoops.

I am currently working on the Corrie Vest from Knit Picks. I would link to it ,but it looks like that bad boy is outta here. It is really fun, though now I am worried because I just read that it apparently starts to droop even with only one day wearing it. I might have to do some reinforcing crochet.

I was going to knit it straight through, but I think I am going to do the Knitting Olympics and knit a cardigan from the 12th to the 28th (from the opening to the closing ceremonies of the Olympics). I have the yarn and a swatch and the pattern. I need to rerun the numbers on the pattern though since it is a heavily modified version of a saddle shoulder in the Book of Sweater Patterns.

I also finished the first RSC socks. They are ok. I am not a fan of pink though. I will wear them on Sunday as Abe and I tromp around the city for Valentine's day. We MIGHT go to the Sci-fi museum. Anyways, with my next paycheck I am going to get another skein of STR (Socks that Rock) so I can make the other pattern. I intellectually want to go with a blue or gray to make it look like rain as the designer kind of intended, but I can't help but want to make it green. We'll see. Here are the ones I am thinking about: Jade, Stormy Weather, Nyame, Green-Eyed Monster (though it isn't really appropriate, I just love this color), Monsoon (I am leaning towards this one as a compromise), or Typhoon Tina.

When I get a chance, I also want to get the Andrea shawl and mitts from Knit Picks. These are so awesome. Both were designed by Kirsten Kapur who has a lot of really great patterns. So of course I favorited her on Ravelry.

I am also considering getting a Cricket Loom. It is small and I think I can set it on my lap while I sit on the couch to use it. That is how I use my drawing board and it wasn't intended for that either. Anyways, I can weave up some scarves an stuff. With a little sewing and knitting, I think I can make up some cool hat. And with more sewing and additional fabric, I can make up some skirts. All for myself at first, but once I get them down, to sell on Etsy. I am a slow poke and still have not put up those hats for sale on Etsy. Perhaps I will get ready for that tonight. It is just such a pain to use our good camera. I am tempted to use the poor photos on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment