Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sweater so close

The Olympic cardigan is coming along okay. Sunday, I finished the back, ripped back and reknit the sleeve cap on the finished sleeve and started the second sleeve. Now I have about half the second sleeve to do and then I am ready for finishing. Though I don't even have buttons yet... Also on Sunday, I realized that the Olympics were to engrossing to watch while knitting, so I had to switch to Netflix and I watched season 1 of Criminal Intent. Which worked quite well.

I have also taken a few breaks from knitting to draw. So I have a couple of pencils that I need to ink. I started inking one of an apparently hungry teddy bear, but it just wasn't working. I am going to try scotch taping a copy of the pencil drawing to the back of the vellum and ink that way so I can turn the papers without moving them from each other and losing my place. I also was inspired by the Dames and Monsters book for sale at the Emerald City Comic Con and penciled a picture last night. It is pretty funny, I think. We'll see how it turns out. So I am liking drawing with the brush. I need to practice when to chose the brush or the pen. I think the dames and monsters one will use both.

So about the ECCC, I would really like to go this year. There are a couple panels on Saturday I am really looking forward to. But it will be $40 for Abe and me to go if we pay now. $$$. Abe needs to get some of his fillings fixed and that is pricey. I guess I should use this unfilled weekend to fix up arachknits stuff and post new items that aren't really new but haven't been up before. Now that I have the camera phone, I will just use that because our actual camera just blows. Takes 8 pictures and runs out of batteries. They are great pictures though. :) Anyways, Leonard Nimoy and Wil Wheaton will both be at ECCC so I would like to go see both of them speak. And Image has a panel, so we should really go see that one in particular. That means we will be there pretty much all day so I think I need to dress more practical this year. My boots were too heavy for standing around that long last year. And there are no chairs anywhere except the few at the food booth and they are always full, so I think I will wear pants. I wish I could wear the Mini Gorgeous, but Friday we went to the Eden winter party (where I won a Webcam...) and after 3 hours my feet felt like they were going to fall off.

Also, I watched some of The Guild on Netflix and it was freakin' funny. Sadly funny if you can feel their pain, which Abe and I can totally get. He didn't watch it with me because he was busy raiding... Though we rearranged our apartment to get around tripping the breaker all the time so now the computers are in the living room and it is kind of awesome. Though now I can't watch the emotional movies by myself. :)

Edited to add: This weekend, we went to Bai Pai for lunch which is really close to Acorn Street Yarn Shop, so we had to go there and show our love so I accidentally bought two skeins of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. I will make a light Gaia shawl and a cowl. Eee.

No comments:

Post a Comment