Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Knitting goals

Abe made his list of games that he started and never finished, so here is mine. It is all the knitting projects I have that are waiting for me. Don't be scared. I haven't even started some, but know exactly what I plan to do with the yarn.

  1. First, I will list the one I already finished my Knitting Olympics cardigan. The sleeves are a bit tight, but other than that it turned out well. I might add reinforcing ribbon to the button bands, though. I will try to get picture up on Friday.

  2. Stochastic blanket-for us-my pattern: this is a blanket I am making from all the left over Lion Brand Homespun yarn I have. I ask Abe for a number between 1 and 10 and grab a ball out of the bag. I am knitting it from the center. I have no idea who long it will take to knit this or how large it is, so I have no idea how far I am.

  3. fingerless cable gloves-Abe-0%-my pattern: I have not started these, but I am really excited to. These will be my own pattern. Tweedy sock yarn from Knit Picks.

  4. Striped gloves-for me-50%-Knitting and tea: I have one done but it was so fiddly I haven't had the energy to do the second. But it was mentioned on the Mason-Dixon blog, so now I have to finish. I might even fix the one finger that is the wrong length (too long).StripedGlove_neat

  5. Tidings of Joy-for us-0%-Knit Picks kit (no longer available): This is the Xmas ornament kit from Knit Picks. I have a number of them done, but I forgot to take pics or anything. I will work on these again next fall. I think I have done the candy cane, plum, cheery, and hat. Maybe another one. That leaves a lot to do though.

  6. Nautie-75%-Knitty: This is a little snail toy. It is fun to knit. I am not sure why I have't finished it yet.

  7. Tawashis: This is only sort of a project. I have a book and crochet hook and the yarn. I can make whatever I want. But the book is in Japanese, so when I get stuck, I am just stuck. I suppose I could ask on the Tawashi group on Ravelry.

  8. Green Cable socks-for me-1%-my pattern: I started these at the M1 retreat a year and a half ago. I should probably finish these. But I can't use the needles they are on. Metal dpns. They really hurt my fingers. I love the colorway. It is XXL Trekking yarn. I had to try it because the Yarn Harlot raves about it all the time.1trekking sock

  9. Cashmere Scarf-for me-25%-LYS Tour pattern: This pattern is from the first year that I did the LYS Tour. It is fun to work, but it is a fuzzy cashemere so I can't work on it when my hands are sweaty and that means working on it in the dead of winter, which we have not had this year.

  10. Handspun Sailor Scarf-50%-my pattern: I had a dream of a scarf so I spun up some yarn and dyed it. Now it is in the knitting stage. I don't really like it, but maybe I will write up the pattern or something because other people might like it. It is a little weird. Maybe I won't.

  11. Little girl's hat-30%-my pattern: My original plan was to make this for my cousin Jenny's kids, but I think I am taking too long and it won't fit by the time I get it to them. Oh well. I will save it for the next person who has a girl. It is green and yellow and pink and my own pattern. Double knit. Sort of fair isle-y.

  12. Garden Daze-50%-RSC2009: Sorry to say, my least favorite colorway and pattern from RSC 2009. I knit the one and really didn't like it, so it is sitting.

  13. Black Shrug-for me-50%-One Skein Shrug: I bought the One Skein Wonder shrug pattern from Stefanie Japel and this is a modified version with lace on the sleeves and a small lace pattern on the back. I like it but the sleeves are annoying me. I should finish it for this summer though.

  14. Blue/Black Blanket-for us?-25%-some internet pattern: This was going to be a gift - 4+ years ago. I think I will just keep it for myself now. There was a pillow to go with it, but I started this when I didn't know much about knitting so the guage is WAY off.

  15. Frozen Margarita socks-Mom?-0%-Tsock: Kit from 2008 Tsock clob. Not a fan. I might make these for my mom. Maybe this is what I will take on my vacation. Maybe not.

  16. b/w long sleeve shrug-for me-1%-my pattern: I am excited for this to be done. But I only have about 2 inches and I don't remember what size needles I was using. For lace yarn. I think it was a 0. I took them out to use for another project. I just wanted something to give me long sleeves without having to wear a whole second shirt.

  17. Ganomy Green-Abe-0% (ripped)-Elizabeth Zimmerman (EZ) pattern: Abe's hat. I started it and it was too small. I had to adjust the pattern because I am using sock weight yarn. It will look awesome when it is done, but I had to rip out and I will need to cast on more stitches next time. I already wrote down my notes for the changes. I just need to unkink the yarn I used already.

  18. Blue slippers-for me-25%-my pattern: This is a dumb project. Worsted to Bulky weight acrylic yarn on large needles, but too small for the yarn. I just don't know what else to do with this yarn. Lion Brand Jiffy.

  19. Cowboy boot socks-for mom or Carol-1%-Tsock: another 2008 Tsock club kit. Meh. Another pair I won't wear. Maybe I will make them for my mom or my aunt Carol. My mom's feet are a little bigger than mine and my aunt Carol's are a little or a lot smaller, I am not sure.

  20. Random Baby Blanket-my pattern: I started this when I was working at my last job, I think. Anyways. I am not that far. I think it might have been for one of my cousins and I am less than a foot in. I don't know what to do with it. Maybe I will knit it up and donate it. Or save it for the next babyshower.

  21. Nite Owl Cardi-for me-0%-my pattern: This is my own project. I really want to make a cardigan that looks like Nite Owl from Watchmen. I got some sock yarn in a good color from Knit Picks. I just need to come up with the "feather" stitch pattern. This is going to be a tricky cardigan to make.

  22. Handknit Fliptop Mitts-for me-50%-based on some pattern: These are going to look great when I finish them. It is from my own handspun. I just need to get working on them. I think I am over or about half done.HandspunMittens

  23. Squid-for me-0%-print out: I got this in one of the Harry Potter things I did. It is all the yarn and the pattern I need to make a squid toy. So funny. I look forward to it.

  24. Some hat-for me-0%-my pattern: I don't know what to call it. This is my own pattern and I have done some drawings for it. I just need to do it. This is one I plan to write the pattern for and either submit it to a magazine like Twist Collective or just sell on Etsy and Ravelry.

  25. War of Roses socks-for me-5%-Tsock: Another 2008 Tsock club kit. I actually like this one. It is a bit tricky with some intarsia on the toe, but I can't wait to knit it up. Unfortnuately, she is stuck in the 80s because the socks are reversed colors. I am not sure if there is enough yarn to knit both in the same colors.WarSocks

  26. Firebird socks-for me-0% (ripped)-Tsock: Another 2008 Tsock Club kit. I like these ones too. But I did such a bad job the first time that I just ripped it out. So I will start these again sometime. I look forward to them. It is a mix of lace and embroidery to get an awesome firebird effect. Though with the right yarn, these could make some pretty wicked peacock socks. I would like to try that sometime. :)firbirdsock

  27. Tsuspense socks-10%-Tsock: Yes another 2008 Tsock Club kit. Not a fan. Rainbow colors. Hearts and happiness. Again, reminds me of the 80s. The cool part was that each kit, she sent one color for the socks, hence the suspense. And she started at the heel.

  28. Frenchman's Creek socks-for me-0%-Tsock: The last pair of 2008 Tsock Club kit that I will list. I kind of like these. But they have a giant lacy top. That might look okay with my Mini Gorgeous shoes, though. If I can wear pink socks (Cascadia RSC) with them, I can wear froofy lace.

  29. Xmas hat-for us-0%-my pattern: This is some nice Lion Brand Wool yarn in xmas colors. I am going to do stripes. Long and pointy with a pom pom. Maybe Next fall.

  30. Another Xmas hat-for us-0%-my pattern: This is acrylic yarn in a cool tweedy color. Not sue what my plans are with this.

  31. Blue Ganomy-for me-0%-EZ pattern: This is for me from some Spin Cycle Blue alpaca and some handspun by me in black alpaca. Single ply. I don't know if my handspun is turning out ok. :(spin-cycle-alpaca

  32. Dragonfly bag-50+%-my pattern: I am not sure what to do with this. I guess I will finish it and felt it and make it a gift for someone. Or sell it on Etsy if it turn out nice.

  33. Curtain-for us-not far-my pattern: Oh yes, this is from the pound skeins of acrylic in a boucle green and yellow. I want to make curtains. We'll see. That is a big project.It is cast on, but I have forgotten the lace patterns and I don't know if I wrote it down anywhere.

  34. Corrie Vest-for me-40%-Knit Picks Kit: This is my current project. A $13 kit with 8 balls of yarn. Fair Isle. I am working on the underbust rows right now. I like it a lot. Though I am worried because I read that it sags a lot over the course of a day. It also has a steek, which I have never done before. That involves knitting it flat and then cutting it. You can sew on either side of the cut if you are worried it will come apart, but if you use wool, that is unlikely, I hear.

  35. Netted socks-for me-0%-RSC 2009 kit: I love this color way. Not a big fan of the pattern yet, but that is just by looking at it. It looks loose, which I don't like in my socks. But that is one of the next things I want to knit. Now that I have awesome shoes to wear my handknit socks with, I am really excited to knit tons of cool socks.

  36. Raven Swirl Socks-for me-0%-RSC 2009 kit: I am really looking forward to making these too. Cookie A socks. How could I not?

  37. Noro Gaia II-for me-0%-shawl: I got some more Noro Kureyon sock yarn to make a lighter version of the Gaia shawl I already have. I wear the current one all the time.

  38. Noro cowl-for me-0%-my pattern: This is going to be inspired by the Gaia shawl. I might do a feather and fan thing with a row of stockinetter and a row of lace. We'll see.I want it to be long enough to pull over my head, too.

  39. Brown Socks-Abe-55%-my pattern: I have one done and the toe of the second. When I am done with the corrie vest, I should probably finish these before I lose them. They are just so frickin' big. And on US0 needles. Doh. I am dumb. But I didn't want teh fabric to be too loose. Anything large was too loose for my taste. Self pattering sock yarn. They won't really go with Abe's new shoes, I don't think. But he can wear pants.Abes_Sock_Start

  40. Queen of Beads-for me-75%-RSC 2009 kit. This was the first kit from last year, but Nisa ate the top of one. I just need to cut off the top of that one, re knit it and sew that bad boy on. These are a great pair of socks, so I am looking forward to being able to wear them again. I will try to get good pics documenting this process. I should do it after Abe's sock. Maybe before. They are just going to be one of the fastest projects to complete.

  41. Laminaria shawl-for me-0%-Knitty pattern: I have some green Sanguine Gryphon lace yarn I want to make this pattern with. I got it on the M1 retreat.1sappho lace yarn

  42. black shawl-for me-0%-Knitted Lace of Estonia: I just want to make any shawl from that book using this great Malabrigo lace skein.

  43. Featherweight Cardi-for me-0%: I am not sure which pattern to use yet. I just happen to have some fine cashmere yarn, probably lace weight or finer, that I want to make a cardigan out of. There is the Featherweight cardigan and I got an interweave magazine with a great one in it, too. I have brown, white, and blue, so I could make both and still have some left over.

  44. Lenore socks-0%-BlueMoon pattern: I have the yarn but I still need to buy the pattern. The pattern is only $6, or so, so that is not a big deal.str-grawk

In addition, I have, but can't find right now, Viper Pilot Socks (which I love, they just take a lot of concentration, it seems), Tree of Life Blanket (which I messed up so I have to rip back a bit), Abe's Linux Penguin mittens, a green shrug (though I don't like it very much), a crocheted kitchen towel (from the LYS Tour 2008), cabled purse (which is really already knitted, it just needs to be sewn together and given a liner), Ravenclaw Quidditch Socks (which are too short, so I need to rip out the CO on the one I made and add another brown and blue stripe), Laundry basket (though this plan might not pan out - too floppy), Who dog sweaters (#1 and #2 as in Cat in the Hat), Unlucky Wrap (which was my practice olympic knitting for the summer olympics and I failed miserably), and Ravenclaw socks (I have one done, and they are pretty nice, but it is my pattern). These are all listed in my Ravelry projects, but they are not in my yarn closet, which I just cleaned. I guess I better clean my old yarn closet and see if they are in there.

And you know what. I also want to make the Andrea shawl and mitts, which I have nothing for. They are available from Knit Picks. The patterns by that lady are awesome, though I am pretty sure I have mentioned that already, now that I write it. I think I have enough knitting to get me through they year...Plus I have all the RSC kits that will come ever two months. I should get another one at the end of this month. And the come with two patterns, so I will want to spend and extra $20 for a skein to make the second pattern. I have decided to go with Monsoon for Flabella, January's second pattern. (Or, while posting these pictures, I found that somewhere I have a skein of M1 Retreat yarn. I might be able to use that.)


1retreat yarn

So you might think that if I do all this, I will use up all my yarn, but I still have three bins of yarn not used by these projects plus a bunch or roving to spin up. So I am trying to go on a yarn diet and use up all my yarn. Which now is a good time since Abe is still looking for a job. I guess instead of buying up blue moon yarn to make the second pattern, I should use sock yarn I already own.

4 comments:

  1. Geez, Ang! This IS a scary list. It gives me the willies. If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say start with the one, the one, that most closely resembles being more finished than the rest. Geez, Ang. Just the one. Then finish it. Geez, Ang. Then do the next best to finished. Just Geez, Ang. Willies. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sort of my plan. Some are harder to say how far along they are than others. Maybe the two. One to go with me and one for the couch.

    ReplyDelete