Friday, January 15, 2010

We got the data cable

Yay! We got the cord for the phone to copy the photos! So this is what happens. Let's start with knitting:

Brennan hat. I am not kidding, this hat took 5 hours. It is based on a hat that Brennan wears on Bones. And that was while I knit slowly while watching TV. The yarn was actually one of my Santa presents (from myself). Haha. I got two skeins (Lion Bran Alpine, a single-ply bulky 100% wool), but I only needed one. I made some fingerless mittens out of the other skein, but I don't like them. It is rapidly turning into one of my favorite hats. I have also made one for Abe in a lovely cream tweedy yarn and a green one for my Mom. This hat is so fun and quick to knit. I plan to sell them on Etsy, as I think I said before. I have a black one done and half a red one. I just need to clean them up and get pictures and they are ready for Etsy.


Next we have a very old felted tea cozy that I just never got a finished picture of. Lazy me. I like it a lot. It is made of Malabrigo yarn, which is one of the best yarns ever. Gorgeous. This color is great, though it is very muted in this picture. So the camera does not take accurate color pics, but it is so much easier to use. Doesn't run out of batteries after 8 pictures and trying to upload them to the computer. This was a LYS Tour pattern from Weaving Works (2008). It only took 2 days in May to knit and felt, but it took half a year to get the pic. I know. You're shocked.



Here we have the Gaia shawl. Another totally awesome, totally quick (for a shawl) shawl. Haha. I modified it a bit. Slightly larger needles and instead of being reversible, I made it all stockinette. I think I might make another one of these. I like it a lot. It is made of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, which is gorgeous. Love it. I knit this in about a week. Wow.



Next, we have the green silk scarf thingy that I am not particularly fond of. This is another LYS Tour 2008 pattern from Bad Woman Yarn. I don't really wear it. I don't know how to wear it without looking dumb. Oh well.



Then we have the Thick Stripe Shawl. This is a Lion Brand pattern, but instead, I used a bunch of random wool. Some of it is hand spun, mine and others, and some is random whatever. I have not yet decided if I like it, but Abe and his mom both like it, so it can't be that bad. I wore it a lot when it was cold late last year (2009...).



This one is awesome, Sheldon's sick hat from The Big Bang Theory. I really like it. I got some alpaca in a fawn color from Etsy. Then I dyed it with cherry Kool-Aid. And it is AWESOME. I love how it smells. I smile every time I put it on. A cross between alpaca and cherry Kool-Aid. Still. And the color stays well. I did not spin it very well. I intended to make a single-ply bulky yarn but ended up making a bulky 3-ply yarn. Some of it is spun way too tight.




I have started some socks for Abe. These will be his first hand-kit socks. They are going to take for frick frack'n ever, though. 90 st on US0 needles. (That is pretty dang small if you couldn't tell.) Doh. I think his first pair should have been with thicker yarn. They are fun to knit though. I enjoy self-patterned yarn. I also got the same yarn in green for me. I think I will knit a sock for him, a sock for me, a sock for him, and a sock for me (that order...not that it is unusual for me to make pairs of socks).



Finally, here are the gloves I made for my mom for Christmas. Aren't they lovely? This is the Lotus Leaf Mittens pattern from Twist Collective. The pattern was nice and clear. I lost the pattern and they very kindly sent the link again for me to download the PDF. I learned a lot about doing Fair Isle on these mittens. I hope mom enjoys them.



Woo. Now plants. Here is the catnip. The cat ripped out most of them leaving only this huge serpentine one. I found them all wadded up on the table one morning. Whatever.



Here is the mint. It is growing really weird. Crazy. It is getting really tall with small leaves. You can see the original leaves because they are brown and wilted.



And here is a new plant from Sindy, Abe's mom. Look at them go. When we got it, there were five tiny buds, one just barely poking through the dirt. I am curious how long it will take us to kill it.



And WOW here is PART of my mom's Xmas present to me: 30 lbs of unprocessed wool. Split fairly evenly between something black, some Shetland, and Suffolk. This is the Suffolk. I started washing it in the tub, but then I took smaller amounts and baked them in water. It gets pretty nice after hand-carding. It is a lovely cream color. I have carded a grocery bag full and I have two more grocery bags full that are uncarded. Plus all this stuff drying over the shower rod. It is awesome. I can't wait to do the rest. Cardi here I come.



And here is my new inking setup with the nibs and all. That is the semi-transparent drawing board I got from DickBlick.com. On the right is a tackle box full of nibs and ink and stuff. All the paper is the tracing paper and stuff I have drawn on. I really like it. It feels great to draw every night. I would love to get the chance to do that for a living. Well, expect more pictures. It is easy with the camera phone.



Sorry if the pics and text are off. It bothers me, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Blogger does not respect HTML, because I have every paragraph and every image in

tags. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment