Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

So, yesterday we were having a conversation about what to do with all the crap that lives in the closet in our computer room. Somehow I ended up volunteering to pull everything out, open and organize every box and divide what remained between garbage and things to be donated to the good will. I spent all afternoon working on it and got maybe 1/3 done.

So, I'm taking a break from wrestling with boxes full of ages old crap to eat my lunch and write you this wonderful story.

This is good news. And the market is down ~400 points over the last few days putting it back in 2009 territory.

This has me all screwed up. With any luck the republicans will be able to kill the "health care reform" bill now. The part that really bothers me about the bill is that as it exists now it mandates that everyone in america buy health insurance but provides no affordable options for low income people. So you'll get the choice between buying insurance at around 2700 dollars a year or paying a 750 dollar fine per year. Good choice there.

I haven't had health insurance for a few years and so I've paid cash every time I went to the doctor. My total for last year ran about 500 bucks and I had day surgery in that time frame!

And this is rather depressing as well.

I'm full of happiness today aren't I?

At least unemployment is up for the week and a whopping 652,364 people rolled out of regular unemployment and on to emergency unemployment benefits. That puts about 12 million people receiving unemployment benefits of some kind.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment