Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How cute is Ernie?!?

Seriously? check out this super cute picture of Ernie. He is in his Snuggie. I mean, does it get much cuter than this? What is his deal? How did he get to be so cute? He certainly didn't learn from me. Freak of nature in his adorability. In the background you can see Nisa wandering around and her pink snuggie on the floor. It was not a cold day and she gets all excited when one of us gets up and walks around.

You know what I forgot to mention last time? I was mentioned on the Mason-Dixon Knitting blog January 5, 2010. They linked to my crazy pics on the vertical striped gloves I started. Sweet, yes? I cannot believe how many views those gloves have had. I better get on 'em. They are just so hard! So many...buh...18! And I messed up last time. The ring finger is longer than the others (though you can't tell when it is on) and the increase on the thumb is weird. I really want to finish them because they will be awesome when they are done.

Also, I don't cat call Faith, I boo her. Silly Abe.

You know what else? It is Girl Scout cookie time of year again. Uh oh.

I finished the second of three layers for the boxing comic. I just have the hatch mark darkening for the background and then I get to scan it all and try to get it to look good in photoshop. That'll be fun... Not. Photoshop is my least favorite part. I like the inking, getting it on my hands, dipping the pen, watching it flow onto the paper, seeing my hand shake when it gets tired. I really need to keep doing all my physical therapy for my arm. Dumb me. I have no idea, but my right hand is so weak. Not as bad as before I did physical therapy, but still really bad.

At the library, I am going to borrow The Art of Comic-Book Inking from the library. I hope it is helpful. I am not sure how else to learn. I mean other than just doing it. Which is my only other strategy and seems to be going well. I learned a lot on Gone and the boxing comic. I need to do a very detailed pencil under the ink, for one. I also learned I need to remember to put the shadows in the pencil. Well, I am now off to add in the hatching to the boxing comic background.

No comments:

Post a Comment