Tuesday, September 1, 2009

kind of dirty movies (but not really)

I am nearly half way done spinning the Monkey Farts wool from where ever I said it was from in a previous post. It is a thin yarn, probably fingering weight? I really like it. Soft and the colors are great. I think I might spin weird, but whatever. The yarn looks nice in the end. I should really get some pics of my yarn up, but that would involve taking pictures and getting them on the computer and getting them on the blog and that is a surprisingly long process. Everything just seems to take longer than it should.

So Abe and I have been watching Bones on dvd. Awesome show. A bit gruesome, but Abe says that everything they say is pretty accurate. The characters are hilarious. I am really surprised. I guess I shouldn't be because the odd episodes I have seen seemed good, but now that I am seeing them all in order, I really get to see why I like it. The characters really draw me in.

Also this weekend, I went on a bit of a movie bing with the $1 rentals at the QFC across the street. First, and my favorite, was Wild Hogs. I heard it was awful, but I laughed my ass off. I love a bad comedy. I certainly was laughing out loud. Lots of dumb physical humor and making fun of each other. Wonderful. Plus a weird cast, really pulls it all together, haha.

Then I watched the new version of Hairspray. I think Ricki Lake, who was the main girl in the original, was an agent in one scene. No lines or anything, but back there. This movie had a little more going on than I expected, with the story line about integrating TV. Interesting. What a strange world that would be to grow up in. I can't even really imagine what that would be like. Anyways, it took me a little while to get into the strange acting that makes up a musical, but once I get into it, I like musicals. So Christopher Walken played the father and John Travolta (no I did not get the name wrong) played the mother. Man, that was weird. There is one big sort of love scene (where they are spouting their love for each other, not getting jiggy with it) and sometimes I can't tell if Walken is laughing as part of the scene or because it is so weird to see John Travolta in a fat suit prancing around like a lady. I don't know if he knew! Well, that was two movies in a row with John Travolta, oddly enough.

Next, Abe finished playing for the night and came out to watch Superbad, which was quite funny. A big dirty, but pretty dang funny. I wish I could rip on people like they ripped on each other. So funny. I guess I was pretty tired because I don't remember it very well, but it was very funny. If you don't mind naughty bits (and lots of them) go ahead and watch it. If I remember right, most of the naughty bits are drawn, though. It is kind of raunchy humor, but we laughed our heads off.

Then it was too late, so we went to sleep and Sunday night we watched Knocked Up. Very funny. By the same people who did Superbad, but like the girl version. You could tell it was the same people because a lot of the same people were in it. And the tall guy from How I Met Your Mother was in there and hilarious. I guess we accidentally watched the unedited version. I guess you can tell, but she has the baby and man alive I wish we had gotten the edited one. I am haunted by the one scene I saw and then covered my eyes for a good 5 minutes until it was over. That was completely horrifying. Perhaps good for teens to keep them from wanting to have a baby? Ick. But the rest of the movie was totally hilarious. Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd are great. And I love that lady from Grey's Anatomy. By the end of the movie, though, I thought this was the edited version because it seemed like some scenes had been cut. And it was a 3 hour movie or so. We were so tired by the time we went to bed. I think Seth Rogan must have one of the most addictive laughs ever.

I think we are getting a china cabinet from my aunt. It will replace a bookshelf that is holding all our kitchen books and all my tea stuff and will be awesome. I am really excited. It comes apart, hutch and cabinet. I think we will take it down stairs in halves on nice Saturdays and paint it. I can't decide on yellow or blue. Perhaps a yellow base with a robin's egg blue highlight and and tiny bits of red (which are the colors I want our kitchen to be).

Well, Hell's Kitchen is one. Off to watch that!

No comments:

Post a Comment