Monday, July 20, 2009

Loooong weekend

The on-going saga of Arthurs unemployment continues. Today we see the the morning of Arthurs first full day of unemployment.

Angela and I played City of Heroes all weekend. I mean ALL weekend too. I have about ten characters now ranging from level 10 or 11 all the way down to level 1.

The game is really fun. Character creation is amazing. There are tons of features that make it friendly to casual players too, like leveling pacts, which basically ensure that two characters stay identical levels. And an excellent map, a good way point system, the ability to "call" an npc after you've finished her quest rather than trek back across the map just to turn it in.

Laura sent me a nearly complete first draft of the first graphic novel this weekend as well. I got it about mid-night on saturday and me and Angela looked it over quickly before heading to bed. I had dreams about it that night. Laura's layouts are great. The characters are detailed, life like and individual. In a lot of comics, that aren't super hero comics, you really need to pay close attention to see the differences between the characters but Laura draws our characters so lovingly that they just leap off the page.

I am extremely excited, as I'm sure you can tell. Here's hoping that it will be relatively soon that you'll be able to go to your local comicbook shop and pick up a copy of it.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment