Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Art class and FO: Fraggle Squiggle Socks

I enjoyed my art class. We just really learned about proportions. The Greek started with 8.75 head people. Then the Church said you couldn't look at people so it got all screwy. Then came the Renaissance and they looked at the old Greek art for a basis, but they realized they should just measure people. So they went to the villages and measured all the strapping young lad and ladies and they were 8 heads high. Then later they realized they should measure regular folk and they were 7.5 heads high. So, because it is easier to learn, we practiced 8 heads high: chin, nipples, belly button, crotch, fingers, knees, bottom of calf, and of course feet. So we have an assignment to practice drawing that for the next class.

So I measured myself and my head is 8.5 inches. At 5'4", I am just more than 7.5 heads high. I thought I would be closer to 7 because my head is pretty big. I got one of those shirts from Kellogg's for Star Trek. The head is really tight. I can't pull it over my head with my glasses on like all my other shirts.

So this last weekend I finally finished the Fraggle Squiggle Socks from the Rockin' Sock Club.




















The second one took forever, but I made it. The Kitchener stitch on the second toe turned out a lot better. And again, there was enough yarn to make another kerchief. It looks great on my new black hair.




















The next one is coming really soon. I was hoping to get it today, but I should get it by the end of the week.
Also, here is a picture of the cardigan I gave to Jenai, my cousin, for her baby shower. I think she liked it.












And the final picture (for catching up), I made this elephant tawashi for Abe as a thanks for dying my hair twice in two weeks. Turned out pretty durned cute.




















In other news, I have some spinning to do. I ordered some Corridale from Spunky Eclectic. I am going to spin that up and then come up with something to make from it for the KnittySpin contest. The color: Monkey Farts! It is brown, natural, and yellow. Looks AWESOME.

This weekend, Abe and I had my friend Jen do a demo of Cutco knives. They look pretty sweet. We got a cheese knife and a bread knife. Apparently, all our knives are rusty. Yummy. But these two knives should be able to replace all our knives. I didn't realize how poorly our bread knife cut until I got back from the demo. We also got a steak knife. I hope to get a small set of the steak knives for Xmas for Abe and me. They should come in a month or so.

Also this weekend, I got to watch Ugly Betty, season 1. I love it. That show is just so awesome and weird and twisted and silly.

Anyways, I have a picture to post that I will probably put up on Thursday. This weekend, Abe and I are going on a virtual vacation to City of Heroes/Villains. We will start playing Thursday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment