Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dude in mud

This is that little guy I draw rolling in the mud. I kind of doodled this at work. He is awfully fun to draw. I am thinking of doing the 24-hr comic in September when I am taking a week off. I am thinking I might use this guy as a character. Though technically you are not supposed to do any prep work. But I have been drawing this guy for years. I first made up a much more stylized version of him in 9th or 10th grade in art class.

So Abe made some cookie dough the other day from the recipe on the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag. They are pretty dang good. The funny thing is he is 34 and that is the first time he has ever made chocolate chip cookies. I baked that stuff all the time when I was in high school. Well, it cracked me up anyways.

I am almost done with the second Fraggle Squiggle Sock. I have started the toe and I think I have messed it up, but I am too lazy to rip back and fix it. It is just the toe and it will work out fine in the end.

This weekend, I am starting my Figure Drawing class with Nils Osmar. I am really excited. In the next month that I am taking the class, I will practice drawing the characters of a graphic novel I want to draw and write out the script. I have the very basic script, so I know the outline of the scenes I need to write, but I need to write the specifics. I am really excited because I think this class will give me the little push I need to start drawing people again. And probably better. I was never that great at drawing people. I have the Blues Lady painting for sale as a card on arachknits, and it is pretty good, but I think I can do better,

No comments:

Post a Comment