Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday comic day


And Arthurs day continues. This is really what it's like too. The stuff that seems to take all night to do when you work all day is finished *way* too soon when its all you have to do.

And, when you look for jobs every day, you can get through all the new listings on 20 or 30 websites in just an hour.

I really understand why all those housewives in the 50s we're doing speed and drinking constantly.

I went to the job source office a few weeks ago to see if they could help me find a job. They told me the single best way to get a job right now is through your friends or family. Which is great except I don't really have any friends and I don't speak to my family. Also, I'm not eligible for worker retraining because I didn't work as a contractor long enough. I did, however, work as a contractor long enough to not be eligible for unemployment. *sigh*

On a brighter note, well, I'm working at learning latin so I can get my bachelors degree finished. It's a months long project but, at least I'm going to come out of this time of unemployment with something to show for it other than an expanded waistline and a preternatural ability to get stains out of a toilet bowl.

Woot!, as Angela would say. Those of you that know her, know that no other person on Earth is capable of putting as much sarcasm into the word Woot as Angela. When it leaves her lips, it absorbs light. Birds fall from the sky. The sun hides behind the moon. Chuck Norris curls in to the fetal position and cries like a little girl. I grin like an idiot.

Also, damn, Master of Puppets is a great album.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment