Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday comic time


So, I recently rediscovered my teenage love of Metallica. I've been listening to "Master of Puppets" and "...And Justice for All" while I do house work and write. I'm hoping to pick up a copy of "Ride the Lightning" and the black album soon.

I'm really enjoying Cliff Burton's bass playing. I love how, unlike most other heavy metal bassists, he actually plays his own parts rather than just doubling the guitar lines. The clicky growl thing his bass is doing on most of Master of Puppets is just crazy. And his melodic work is fresh and enjoyable.

I'm developing a new found respect for Lars Ulrich as well. His drumming original, inspired and interesting. I still hear things that he's doing that surprise me after hundreds of listenings.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment