Thursday, August 27, 2009

When you need a bib

Man I had a weird day yesterday. We had a meeting, the doc team, to talk about another meeting we were going to have. No kidding. I was pretty tired, so I grabbed a diet coke (I am too picky to drink coffee at work). Lucas went to plug the laptop into the projector, but I had set my drink in a coil of the wire so we almost spilled it. Almost. Then he gets everything ready and I grab my coke to get a drink and drop it upside down in my lap and spilled half a can of coke in my lap. I totally looked like I wet my pants. I couldn't stop laughing about that for a good 5 minutes. I dabbed at myself with tissue, but it didn't really do anything, so I had to sit through the 3 hour meeting with coke in my lap. On the bright side, it was long enough that I didn't have to walk out of the meeting room looking like I peed my pants.

Then later, Lucas IMed me that he had something to give me. I had been working hard on editing an IT doc. I read the thing and nearly jumped out of my skin as Lucas started waving the thing over the wall of the cubicle. I turned to get it and say something and laugh, but when I concentrate like that, I typically forget to swallow my own saliva (as opposed to others'?) and totally drooled all over myself when he went to hand it to me. He laughed and said it wasn't that good. Debra had given him a hat and he took the cardboard piece inside it and decorated it to look like Geordi's visor. Which was pretty funny. But then I was so embarrassed from drooling on myself. Now it is up on my shelf next to the Borg bear I got at my first Secret Snowman at work.

The shawl is coming along nicely. I am on the 5th stripe of color. The stripe I am on now is some hand spun, hand dyed that I finished last night. I used black and green, but it just looks gray. I think I can do better next time using much less black and more green. I love dyeing wool. I want to go get some undyed yarn and try dyeing that. They sell lots of different kinds at the Weaving Works in the U District. Not my favorite store, but unfortunately, they have a good supply for spinners and dyers. That is where I have to go to get my dye and stuff. The more I dye, the more I want to dye from plants. There is a book I would like to get that is called "The Dyers Garden" but I would have to figure out a way to do all that "gardening" in our apartment. And I am a notorious brown thumb, so I would probably want to chat up my cousin Jenny who's fingers are all green.

I was watching Jeopardy while I was writing this and I had guesses for most and was wrong for almost all of those. I am so not getting on that show ever... I got "What is Iron Giant?" right...

No comments:

Post a Comment