Monday, August 24, 2009

Stressful weekend

On Thursday I had to go home for the weekend because my brother was in a motorcycle accident - hit a deer. Don't worry. He will be fine. So I went up Thursday night to see my brother and make sure he was okay. We had to wait around a while for him to get back from the dentist. (His funniest injury-yes, I picked one-is the rug burn on his face from hitting the deer without a full face helmet on.) Took much longer than expected. But then I ended up deciding to stay through various turns of events. And then, after Abe had already left to go home to take care of the poops (that would be the dogs), I realized, I had no clothes, no make up, no deodorant, no tooth brush, nothing. Gross. So Friday my mommy took me shopping (though I had to buy my own things). I got some great new jeans for $15. I also got a nice black top and a nice blue sweater. I love the blue sweater. As my friend Rijl put it, "It really, uh, shows off your, uh, assets..." Mom and I also got to play two games of Boggle - I won both. Haha.

Anyways, we also got to drink lots of tea and I made dinner. Actually, I made a lot of food for Isaac. I think one meal for him is all my food for an entire day. For breakfast one day, he had about 5 lbs of peaches and yogurt. At least, that is what it felt like to me. I also made some wonderful acorn squash stuffed with a mixture of ground pork, zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, crushed garlic, and tomato paste with jasmine rice. Yummy. The mixture was put in the squash halves and topped with some Monetary Jack cheese and broiled. My aunt Carol stayed for some too. It was a hit. I made about an extra 2-3 cups of the rice mixture, which is what Isaac ate.

Then Saturday night, I went to Rijl's work for a few hours and waited for her to get off. She works at Bayou on the Bay, which is quite yummy. While I waited, I had the BBQ wings, which were subtle and just a bit spicy. At one point, there was a hint of mint, but maybe I was tasting things. I also had a cherry Pepsi and a couple of brown ales. Yummy. While I waited, I finished Volume 1 of the Dark Horse Heroes Omnibus. I actually really liked it. It started off really weird, but then pulled together and I really want to read the next one. I also read a bit of The Subtle Knife and did some drawing.

When Rijl got off work, we had the mac n' cheese, flank steak and potatoes, and sweet potato fries with sauce. The mac n' cheese is really good if you like pepper, which I don't . But I liked, which you can tell because I ate half of it. The sweet potato fries were crazy. The sauce and those fries go really well together. Everything was really good, but the blackened medium-rare flank steak was amazing. So good. Oh man, I could start drooling right now. And it was cooked by their new chef, so good hire there. *Clap, clap, clap*

When we got back to Rijl's place, we painted our nails and watched Doubt. It was pretty good. Meryl Streep impresses me more every time I see her in a movie. The movie was weird though because it is like they totally half assed it. There were parts that were great and engrossing, but other parts still felt like a play and completely took me out of the story. Very weird.

Sunday, I finally got to go home. But first, Rijl and I went to see Julie and Julia, which I like the more I think about it. Oddly enough, with the same two lady actors as Doubt! Very cute story. Great actors. Makes me want to get Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but I am trying to lose weight, not gain it. But I could get it to make things when people come over...haha. Like people ever come over. I would use it for our holidays though. Actually, I think I will try to get it before thanksgiving so I can make a great dinner for Abe and I.


So now I am relaxing after work after my very long relaxing and very stressful weekend. Sunday night, we watched a bunch of Season 2 of Bones. Now I am working on a simple shawl. Phew. I am beat. I did a lot this weekend and it sure was an emotional roller coaster. Now I am watching How I Met Your Mother. What a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment