Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hot = Sweat

And that much sweat = no more brain left. I was so hot, I forgot to post. Stupid weather.

I don't have much to day. I have knit one and a half shrugs. I am working on a black one right now and a week ago I finished knitting a green one. All based on Stefanie Japel's One Skein Shrug. I looked through my lace book and added some lace patterns to it. For the fun of it. I have made a couple plain ones already. I think that makes 5 shrugs I have made, though some have certainly come out better than others.

In the mean time, since it has not been hot, I have had a headache off and on for 5 or 6 days. Nearly debilitating. By the end of work on Friday I was nearly cross eyed with this headache. It is right in my eyebrows.

Anyways, it was so hot, I couldn't draw without ruining the paper with my sweaty sweaty hands. But I got started again last night. I am almost out of tracing paper, so we will probably go get more tomorrow. One comic is now taking one piece of computer paper and two pieces of tracing paper, but I think they will be better in the end. Comics like Eerie Cuties give me a complex (because they look so awesome), but then I go read Goats and all is okay in the world again.

I also finally finished The Golden Compass. I really enjoyed it. A nice simple book that doesn't take too much brain power to read (teen fiction) and has interesting characters and an interesting story. I had started the sequel, The Subtle Knife. I am not yet as interested in it as in the previous book, but I am waiting to see how it ties it all in. It is getting more interesting as I read. Then I will read the final book in the trilogy, The Amber Spyglass. Then I don't know. Probably the sequel to Wizard's First Rule, Stone of Tears.

Abe is reinstalling Ubuntu on my computer today. The only thing I don't like about having Linux on my computer is I have no idea how to troubleshoot or install anything. I can get around ok in Windows because I have used it for so long now (what with school and all my jobs using Windows--UW had Macs, but the software for most of my classes used Windows).

Finally, my mom thought Abe was so hilarious when he described my sarcasm that she sent it to her sister and Jim. (Lol. I made that site for a college project. In Word. Check out the source code on that bad boy, but have a big bucket nearby. I would remake it but I think a new website was going to be a gift from mom to Jim a while ago, so that might not even be his current site anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment