Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fillings suck, Fluevogs rock

I got a filling today and my jaw hurts. Abe says it looks a little swollen. It took 1 hr and 45 min. I took a half day off afterwards, and I am really glad I did. I was pretty out of it for a while. And now it just hurts. And I am so tired. This was a bigger one than the others I have had. And they had to redo one that I had a few years ago. Blegh. I have such a headache.

I have read more of the Comics and Sequential Art book by Will Eisner. I am really enjoying it. I also started drawing out a rough rough sketch of a comic from the Office Cowboy story. The problem is, I think I need to leave in almost all of the narration to complete the analogy.

On the knitting front, I have just about finished the first of the 4th Rockin' Sock Club kit. This is definitely my least favorite sock so far, both on color and pattern. Ah well. A lot of the other people in the club love it. I am also working on what I hope will be a great little black and dark green cropped cardigan. And I have turned the heel and started the foot (still in the gusset) of the Viper Pilots socks (which I LOVE).

Next weekend I am going up to Bellingham to do a garage sale with my friend Rijl. So Abe and I have been running through our stuff trying to find what to get rid of. We already have two boxes. Some movies and video games and clothes. Even a stick of RAM. LOL. We are finding some neat stuff. Like some of my old books on drawing comics that Abe can refer to. And the 1965 Lord of the Rings paperback trilogy that belonged to my dad that my mom read when she was pregnant with me. (I was not born in 65...) And a giant sudoku book , whichi s great for when I am watching TV. I also found an old black angora sweater, that I just need to watch. I just need to hand wash it.

Last saturday was our anniversary, so we went downtown and had piroshkies. Yummy. Abe's was essentially a Russian corn dog! Man I would have been sick if that had been my lunch. Then we went to the comic shop in Pike Place, which has a ton of graphic novels, but we didn't actually get anything. I almost got the second volume of Fables, but I will wait. I even got to peak in the Fluevog place on the way to Pike Place. Boy oh boy, those shoes make me drool. They are/were having a huge sale.

Heres the conversation Abe and I had about the sale. I showed him the shoes I want.

(12:44:09 PM) Abe: hey lady
(12:44:12 PM) Angela (gmail): hey
(12:44:16 PM) Angela (gmail): i want these!
(12:44:17 PM) Angela (gmail): http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=fresh&p=3&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2585 (Friends|Sharon|Green)
(12:44:35 PM) Abe: those're pretty awesome
(12:44:49 PM) Angela (gmail): and these:
(12:44:50 PM) Angela (gmail): http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=fresh&p=6&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2579 (Minis|Dollface|Blue)
(12:45:01 PM) Abe: wow
(12:45:12 PM) Angela (gmail): OMG. And these:
(12:45:13 PM) Angela (gmail): http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=fresh&p=14&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2557 (Bellevues|Libby Smith|Olive & Gray)
(12:45:25 PM) Angela (gmail): (any of the colors on that one)
(12:45:28 PM) Abe: those are my least favorite so far
(12:45:40 PM) Abe: the black and red is cool though
(12:46:19 PM) Abe: http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=fresh&p=6&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2578 (Minis|Dollface|Red)
(12:46:23 PM) Abe: those are awesome as hell
(12:46:36 PM) Angela (gmail): http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=sale&pp=1&view=detail&p=8&colourID=2497 (Blind Faiths Hi|Sigourney|Black)
(12:46:48 PM) Angela (gmail): I love the blues ones you linked
(12:46:58 PM) Angela (gmail): 'http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w=sale&pp=1&view=detail&p=10&colourID=2498 (Pin ups|Miss April|Black and White, or Turquoise, Gray & Black)
(12:47:01 PM) Angela (gmail): in blue or black
(12:47:19 PM) Abe: wow I can;t decide
(12:47:25 PM) Abe: I *think* the black
(12:48:00 PM) Angela (gmail): I freakin' love fluevogs!!
(12:48:14 PM) Angela (gmail): just not the orange on those last ones
(12:48:17 PM) Angela (gmail): I am not a hooker
(12:48:21 PM) Abe: HAHAHAHA
(12:48:24 PM) Angela (gmail): but if I were, I would probably get those
(12:48:49 PM) Abe: they're the same color as the cones construction guys use
(12:48:56 PM) Angela (gmail): yeah
(12:49:26 PM) Angela (gmail): some of their sale shoes are more than 60% off right now
(12:50:58 PM) Angela (gmail): sigh. some of them are so lovely
(12:51:08 PM) Abe: ok
(12:51:16 PM) Abe: yes they really are awesoem shoes
(12:52:56 PM) Angela (gmail): I just hope that they aren't trying to get rid of their stock on all those shoes
(12:53:00 PM) Angela (gmail): that they will keep making them
(12:53:26 PM) Abe: yeah
(12:53:29 PM) Abe: that would blow
(12:53:39 PM) Abe: those were some of the coolest of their shoes that you've ever showed me

No comments:

Post a Comment