Monday, June 29, 2009

Nudie parade

Two weekends ago we went to the Fremont Solstice Parade. It was really fun. We left a little early and then realized I hadn't looked at the weekend schedule. But the bus seemed to be late anyways. There were a good ten people waiting at the bus stop with us.The bus was so full when we got on, there was only standing room only. We almost left the bus stop because we were there almost 45 minutes before the bus came, but I am glad we stuck it out.

At the parade, we were right at the start of it. There were three guys next to us who were really funny. The start of the parade was nudists on bikes. Very strange. Most of them were painted up or in some sort of costume. There was someone dressed as Batman, but I only saw him from the back, so I am not so traumatized. Someone was on a skateboard and painted all silver - silver surfer. Some larger dude was dressed as Pan - it was awesome. The nude bicyclists went on for probably 10 minutes. Shocking!

Then came the rest of the parade. My favorite was the dark stilt group. They had wings like birds and intricate wicked looking masks and huge stilts. There was a small marching band that had 10 people or so. There was even a drummer being pushed on a cart. Awesome. There was another good rock band dressed in gold spandex. Creepy, but definitely the best sounding band on amps. There was a break dance group I felt bad for because before they could really get going, they got overrun by the group behind them.

When the parade was over, Abe and I walked a good half way back to the house. Well, we walked maybe a quarter of the way, caught a bus for the middle half and got off and went to Fred Meyer's where I got some new walking shoes. My old ones are full of grass seed. They are itchy and poke me. And the new ones look nicer. They are a little too long, but good in length, which is typical for my wide feet. They are Adidas in grey with mint green stripes. My old ones are just ugly white ones. New Balance, which is a great brand, but I don't like white sneakers. That was so much fun.

Also at Fred Meyer's, we bought Sims3. When I got home I played for 10 hours and then another 5 or 6 on Sunday. I love it. The Sims look better. It is more customizable. The sims act better (still weird, but better). However you can't do the same thing where you play multiple families in a town. You have to make new save games. You can change your active household but you lose control over the household you gave up. You can switch back to them, but who knows what they would have done. Blegh. So far, I made the Harry Potter crew, Enterprise D crew, the Disney princesses, and some other random ones, including a family that look like mice. I played another 10 hours this Saturday and some more on Sunday.

Last week, Abe and I started watching Chuck, season 1. It is awesome. We are having a blast watching it. I don't have much to say about it, but it kicks butt. I love Adam Baldwin from Firefly. His character is very similar, but not. Such a funny show.

You know what other show is funny. Rules of Engagement. Patrick Warburton is frickin' hilarious. I LOVED him in the Tick. That is really what sealed the deal for me. Haha. I am not sure if it is him or his writers that make things sound so absurd and funny.

On a craftier note, I haven't knit on the Fraggle Squiggle Socks in a while. I am all the way on the foot of the second sock. But Nisa go caught in the ball a while ago and ruined it. I just had to wind it again, but it took an hour to get it wound back up. And I am about a third done with a quarter of the front half of the quilt. This is going to be one crazy ass blanket.

I also bought some new pens at Fred Meyer's this weekend. There are three sizes of nibs and a brush pen. I am really excited for the people drawing class. Next weekend I have lunch at mom's on Friday, a day of walking around with the dogs on Saturday, and a baby shower for my cousin on Sunday. And maybe Abe and I will finally watch Sweeney Todd Saturday night. We have been meaning to for over a month. But man alive, are we forgetful.


Edited: Added paragraph breaks (the HTML was missing before) and fixed some misspellings. The funniest was in the last sentence. Alice instead of alive. I wrote half of this post while laying on my stomach on the couch watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment