Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek is the Best!!

This weekend, we got to go to the new Star Trek movie. It was really good. I knew I would like it because it was a Star Trek movie, but I didn't think it would be a good movie. But it was really impressive. The writing was good. They got in each of the main characters typical line without being hokey. The actors did their parts well; they got the character from the original series but made it their own. I loved the guy who did McCoy. He was in Lord of the Rings or something. He was neurotic and snarky and made the same weird facial expressions. It was great. The CGI was actually amazing. Nearly seamless. I think part of the reason this movie was so good was because the writing, directing, and cgi was so much better than Wolverine: Origins. When Abe and I got out of the movie all we could say was "That was so awesome. Wow. That was so awesome."
Before we went to that I too Friday off to watch all the original Ttar trek movies, up through The Undiscovered Country, which is one of my favorites, partly because of the Kirk on Kirk fight scene. What could be better than that? It took all day on Friday.
Then I also watch Raising Arizona: weird. Funny but aging, I think. And then I watched Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Frasier. I mean, he was in it, not watching it with me. That would have been a story to tell. Brendan Frasier is a strange actor. I think he just does comedy because he has so much fun doing dumb comedy. Sometimes,though, I think he could do more serious acting if he wanted to. Abe actually watched that one with me, which is rare for him.
Man, this weekend I also watched the last disc of season 2 of Boston Legal. I love that show. William Shatner and James Spader work amazingly well together and the show is wonderfully twisted.
At some point this weekend, I think after Star Trek, we went to Torrid to spend my $10 birthday gift card. I got a tank top. Then there was a price debacle and I had to go change it. I got my card back and didn't have to pay any extra, so I got a new tank top for 9.99 plus tax. I have to go back this coming weekend to spend the $10 on something else that is over $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment