Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Putt Putt

Today we had putt putt at work. It was actually pretty fun. I hit 54 on a 9 hole course. Pretty bad. But I did hit 2 on one that most people couldn't finish. Good luck. The hole was on an open laptop. Pretty funny. Each department got to design a hole. My department won best hole. It was pretty good: looked cool and actually doable. We made fake book names like "The Comma & You" by Don Forgemy. Hahaha. Cracks me up.

I also made some Potato Chicken Salad from an issue of Cooking Light. I am very pleased. Low calorie and quite tasty. The sauce for it is very nice - vinegar and oil and dijon and garlic and some other stuff but I don't remember what. Abe also made some chocolate bread for me to bring and it was amazing. Almost all of it was gone. I saved Abe half a slice so he could try it. Thanks Abe. Divine.

So this weekend we went to see Wolverine: Origins. In all, I give it a thumbs up, but it was because of the actors. The movie itself kind of sucked. Hugh Jackman of course was great as Wolverine, but all the other main characters were good, too. I bet mutants are so much fun to play. But the writing was rushed (it was only and hour and a half and could have easily been over two). The CGI was amazingly bad. Wolverine's blades in the first three movies were seemless and looked real. In this one, they were a pixelated a bit different from the movie and would move on his hands and they looked like plastic. You could really tell when they told Jackman to hold his hands in fists and they were planning on adding the blades later. Poopy. The first 30 minutes of the movie was completely rushed. They told us rather than showed us what they wanted us to know. I really wanted to see that part, too, so that sucked.

I also watched The Avengers. That was funny. And weird. Campy. And weird. It was basically a long TV episode that doesn't have a TV show (anymore). I bet they had quite a bit of fun making that movie. It was also really short. Meh. Good, not great. But not bad either.

So today, I biked at 20-24 mph for 30 minutes. Yeah. My right knee (bum knee) feels weird, but okay. Just kind of hot. The other feels like nothing. Normal. Yeah.

Also, I got TNG in the mail and Star Trek Scrabble!! The Scrabble is fun. I haven't had a chance to watch TNG yet, though. Abe won the first game and I won the second game. But the bag that it came with for the tiles blows. It is just a plastic piece of crap. So I am going to knit something. I haven't quite decided what, though. The whole thing is a bit chintzier than most scrabble games that I have seen, but other than that it holds up okay so far and looks awesome. And it has little hints on how to make shorter games. When I get a chance, I might make some new tile holders, too: red, yellow, blue, and white (ship). The Scrabble is TOS (original series) so I will match those.

No comments:

Post a Comment