Monday, May 24, 2010

More Dragon Age

I played dragon age on sunday. Now that I'm into a part of the game that I haven't played before the voice acting is much less annoying. I am concerned about replaying the game though.

I had a weird situation where the game was crashing to desktop every time I killed a certain boss. It turned out that there's a big explosion with a bunch of particles and stuff that happens when the guy dies and that's what was crashing the game. All I had to do was turn off "post processing effects" and it worked like a charm.

The game is buggy as hell though. Not Bethesda buggy mind you but buggy nevertheless. It crashes to the desktop randomly which is pretty annoying. Most of the time it takes a few hours but sometimes it crashes after just a half hour or so. The one that bothers me the most is that when combat starts, the volume of the music jumps up by about 30%. So I am constantly adjusting the volume because if I turn it down enough that the combat music isn't painfully loud I can barely hear the characters talking when I'm not in combat. The other bugs I've noticed are that some quest npcs don't lose their overhead indicators when the quest is turned in.

I'm really enjoying the story though. And the characters in my party are mostly interesting and are very well voice acted. I find myself actually enjoying talking to them.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment