Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday hooray!

Hey it's Friday on a three day weekend :-)

I'm working hard on the new the-jerks.com and you should hopefully see the fruits of my work in the next week or two.

We're going to the Phinney Farmers Market tonight when Angela gets home. We're going to get some fresh veggies for dinner tonight.

Valve upgraded Half-Life 2 and Episode One to the most recent build of the source engine this past week when they released the Half-Life 2 games on the mac platform. They also added achievements to HL2 and Ep1. I'm kinda burned out on RPGs so I think I am going to replay the entire Half-Life series when I finish Dragon Age.

Speaking of which, I haven't had any time to play DA in the last few days which is kind of frustrating because my save is about five minutes into the battle of Denerim and I'm pretty sure that's the end of the game. When I finish it I will post a review and some thoughts.

I finished a short story recently. The first draft was completed a few months ago and it's been aging since then. Last week I opened it up and did a second draft. I cut about 7 pages from it, rewrote a bunch of dialog, fixed a ton of grammar and punctuation errors, fixed a bunch of consistency issues and added a ton of character development. Angela is going to hit it with the editor bat sometime in the coming week and then I'll send it off to some magazines and see if I can make a few bucks off it.

I am *very* happy with the story even though I am acutely aware of many ways that it is lacking. I've got few other stories that are ready for comprehensive second drafts in the next month or so and I'm really looking forward to finishing up my current top secret project so I can get back to working on the fiction.

Well, I'm gong to make some coffee and put on some laundry now :-) Have a great weekend.


--Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment