Monday, April 20, 2009

Roller Derby fun

This last weekend, we took my brother to Rat City Roller Derby match for his birthday. It was awesome. That is just one of the many things Abe and I have done since I last posted. I am lazy. The more I do, the more I want to veg on the couch and not write on the blog. Doh.

Anyways, I left work early on Friday to go meet Isaac at mom's to go with Isaac to see baby goats (or kids, if you will). But we had to pick Isaac up from his friend Caleb's, but we couldn't find his door and they didn't answer the phone so we waited about 15 minutes before we found the door. It was easy to find, we just didn't look hard enough. Nice day though.

So then we get to mom's and start to play Boggle. And get so wrapped up in that, that we forgot to (or rather, decided not to) go see the goats. Mom is better than me, but Jim and Isaac kind of suck. But the five of us had an absolute blast. I love playing with them. I really just love the game. But Jim in particular is really funny.

For dinner, mom made an amazing pork roast with an orange, brown sugar glaze. Or something like that. And mushrooms and onions. Yummy. And asparagus and zucchini. And Abe brought yummy bread.

Then for dessert, mom and Jim had a lovely carrot cake from a shop in Bellingham for Isaac. So rich! Yummy, too. Then later, there was more of Abe's bread with apples, apricots, and stilton cheese, and brown sugar. I did not like it so much, but Isaac and Abe loved it.

So we got home at 1 in the morning on Friday and I could barely keep my eyes open. We have got to leave their place earlier. I had to sing along with the Sweeney Todd sound track the whole time to stay awake. Fortunately, Isaac and Abe also like that soundtrack.

On Saturday, we played some video games and went to May's for lunch followed by Molly Mae's ice cream (so yummy) in Wallingford before heading down town for the roller derby. Isaac and I got t-shirts. First up was the Socket Wenches versus the Throttle Rockets. Awesome. The score was all over the board. Throttle Rockets would catch up (they were the underdog) and then Socket Wenches would shoot up by 20 points. Looks like a fun game. The Socket Wenches had a couple of amazing jammers. They were tiny and just zipped right through the blockers. Then they had a bigger jammer who smashed her way through the blockers and that was awesome too.

Then there was the Derby Liberation Front versus the Grave Diggers, who I think were my favorite. They were the underdogs this time and kicked ass. They lost by 1 point after getting 20 points or so in the last two jams (which is less than 4 minutes). That was an exciting game.
Oh right, earlier that day we went to Village Yarn and Tea. I got a tea pot and some tea and some yarn for a tea cozy (malabrigo). Isaac got some malabrigo for a scarf. I love that place.
Anyways, then we had to take a bus back home and that was annoying and difficult. The 18 we were going to catch apparently was MIA because the bus we did catch (the next scheduled one) was overflowing. We got back around 11 without having had anything for dinner so we were starving and ate a pizza. I think Isaac ate half by himself.

On Sunday, we took Isaac to the Freemont Market, which I just love. LOVE. so awesome. We found a store to take Isaac too the next time he comes down. If he can save up $50 by then he can get a really great, handmade, brown leather jacket. There is this weird little frilly thing at the bottom of the back, but some are less girly then others. I also found a $90 coat that I want really bad. We'll see. I got a ceramic mug and a pitcher for milk. I also found Cleo Wulfus, who makes awesome hair falls. Fake things for your hair. I would love a pair of long ones. Blue and/or green.
Well, next time I will talk about some of the movies I have watched or Comicon or something. Comicon was awesome by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment