Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy Times = should blog more

Man I need to post some pics. I have finished the Rogue Roses socks (rav link) from the second Rockin' Sock club kit. I then made a kerchief out of the remaining yarn that matches the socks (though I will most likely not wear them together).

And this last weekend, I sewed a skirt. It is AWESOME. But I have no pics, so I will talk about it later.

I also started the Spring Purse pattern (rav link) that I got during the Local Yarn Shop Tour last year. I think it is going to be nice. I will needle felt some mushrooms onto it. I have a big poster of mushrooms, so I will use that as a model, I guess. I have a fascination with fungi.

I also spent some time working on cutting more fabric for a quilt. I currently have 143 completely random 4" squares (plus 1/4" spare a side for whatever...) For a quilt that is half the size of our king size bed, I need 195. For one the entire size, I need 360 squares. Minus whatever type of border I decide to use, if I decide to use one. Plus I need something to go on the back.

So this weekend I watched The Witches of Eastwick, which was a seriously strange movie. I waited a while to figure out what I thought about it, but I am not sure still. They were all really fun to watch. Jack Nicholson was so Jack Nicholson. So very. And the women in it are cartoonly skinny. I am not sure if they were really so thin or if it was my screen, but Jack Nicholson looked fine... Michelle Pfeiffer just made me want to watch Batman though. (There is one shot that she really has a Catwoman look.) Which reminds me, I need to get those on DVD. I only have them on VHS and neither of our VHS players are hooked up.

I also watched the second to last dvd of season 2 of Boston Legal. William Shatner and James Spader are two of the most awesome actors ever. Which reminds me of Tina Faye from 30 Rock who is my favorite actress ever. (I frick frackin' love that show.) She is amazingly funny and so good at everything she does. She knows other people's strengths and lets them play to it. She has quite the talent.

And finally, I bit the bullet and bought the entire series of Star Trek Next Generation. I finally got the Brent Spiner CD back and remembered how much I absolutely love that show, so I got it instead of doing the entire LYS Tour this year. I haven't even finished all the projects from last year, so it was probably a good way to go. I also found Star Trek Scrabble and bought that. I will be bringing it to my mom's when I go up for my birthday. Got them hooked on Boggle. Maybe I can get them hooked on Scrabble too. What a dorky family we are. All our favorite games are word games: Boggle, Scattegories, Baldderdash.

I worked on a drawing tonight based on the Ingrid Michaelson song Lobesterman's Wife. But it turns out I don't really know the details of what a lobster looks like, so I will have to finish it tomorrow. When I am done, I will put it up on deviant art.

Oh yeah. I signed up for deviant art. Here is "my" site. I only have two things up so far, but I will add more as I do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment