Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sweater!

My cardigan is done (a while ago, but I have been busy)! I messed up a little, but I learned a lot. (That was my new haircut, but I have since had it cut again. And yes my hair is black instead of reddish now, thanks for noticing...)




  1. The sleeves are a little too tight, but not so bad. They have loosened with use and are quite comfortable, now.

  2. I forgot I would need to make the two front panels a little longer than the back. Oh well. Perhaps blocking can save me. (It didn't really.)

  3. I learned how to sew a shoulder seam. It looks alright. I think it could look better. Perhaps I need to pull the yarn a bit tighter.

  4. I learned how to sew a side seam! I love it. You can't even see there is a seam. Though I now know why you need the two spare stitches at each sewn edge.

  5. I also successfully picked up the collar. Looks pretty snazzy.


From this, I learned that the Knitting Book of Answers is completely AWESOME. That is where I learned all the new techniques from. Dumb me, I have had it forever. It was already my go-to book for cast ons and bind offs. Now it is just getting better since I have actually started using it. Strange how that happens.


I also learned, that when Ernie is content, he makes a wonderful pattern holder...



Now I have also started the striped gloves from Knitting and Tea. They are a bit fiddly with 16+ stripes of vertical intarsia, but I think they will look great in the end. I have a method down. Here is how I started. That did not work.



So I put them on cards (Addi Turbo packaging cardboard), and that is working a lot better.



I also had to rip out Abe's Ganomy hat because the rat bastard just wasn't working. It ended up too small. So I wrote down the changes I need to make and hope to have it done before the middle of December. We'll see.


I actually also finished a knit pickle that was part of the Holiday Joy kit I got from Knit Picks. I am not kidding, I filled it with dill! Well, maybe a teaspoon of old dill and a bunch of stuffing. It is so awesome. Abe was going to take it to work today (but I think he forgot) and I will take it to work tomorrow (if I remember).


A few weekends ago now, I met my mom and aunt Carol at my grandma's. They played some domino like game with numbers while Abe and I watched because we were late and missed out. (Jim was there too.) But while we were there, I got back the Phat Fiber kit!! Phew. I love it. Since then, I have spun up this: the Munchkin Punchkin "Briar Rose" colorway in a 3ply lace weight. I think it looks really nice. This was a pleasure to spin. Soft wool and lovely colors.



I also spun this: My Fair Yarn "Ogre" colorway. (I think this is it - I have two greens, so I might have grabbed the wrong picture...) Actually, this might be wicked. I think I spun Ogre in a single ply lace weight and this is a three ply. Yeah. That's it. Shoot.



Finally, I have to show the world this picture of what happens to Abe's hair when he wears his headphones. We recently cut his hair and this had me laughing for a good five minutes before I thought to go get the camera.



No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment